SMECTAGO®: TO STOP DIARRHOEA, WHEREVER YOU ARE!
SmectaGo® is a complementary medicine to assist in the management of:
- Acute diarrhoea in children from 8 years old (in addition to an oral rehydration solution) and in adults.
- Chronic diarrhoea in adults
- Symptomatic management of pain associated with functional bowel disease in adults.
SmectaGo® comes in a liquid ready-to-use format that can be taken anywhere, at anytime!
How does smectaGo® work ?
Just like Smecta® powder, SmectaGo’s active ingredient is Diosmectite, a natural clay that covers the intestinal mucosa. It binds with viruses and bacteria, eliminates the pathogens through the stools, then protects the mucosa and allows it to recover. SmectaGo® reduces the symptoms of acute diarrhoea and provides gentle relief.
SmectaGo®: ready-to-use sachets, for people on the go!
Liquid suspension in sachets
12 sachets – Chocolate-Caramel Flavour
South Africa’s first ready-to drink anti-diarrhoeal!
No water needed.
The contents of the sachet can be swallowed undiluted. Knead the sachet between our fingers to liquefy the suspension before opening. The content of the sachet may also be mixed into some water or semi-liquid foodstuff.
How to use SmectaGo®?
SmectaGo’s dosage is simple and adapted to each age in the case of acute diarrhoea:
- Children (>8 year): 4 sachets per day for the first 3 days, then 2 sachet per day for 4 days. In addition to an oral rehydration solution.
- Adults: 3 sachets per day for 7 days.
For chronic diarrhoea in adults, the dosage is an average of 3 sachets per day.
SmectaGo® is supplementary to dietary rules:
- Rehydrate with plenty of salty or sweet fluids, to make up for the loss of fluid, due to the diarrhoea (the daily mean intake of water for an adult is 2 litres)
- Maintain food intake (preferably grilled meat and rice) during the bout of diarrhoea, excluding certain supplements and in particular, raw vegetables, fruit, green vegetables, spicy food and frozen foods and drinks.
In children from 8 years old, oral rehydration solution (ORS) must be administered at the earliest in addition to SmectaGo® to avoid dehydration. The treatment should not exceed 7 days.
Take special care with SmectaGo® and seek medical advice if:
- You have acute diarrhoea and the problem worsens within 3 days of taking SmectaGo®.
- Diarrhoea is associated with a high temperature, sudden weight loss or vomiting.
- You have a history of chronic constipation.
Prolonged or repeated use of SmectaGo® without medical advice is not recommended.
SmectaGo® liquid suspension in sachet, ready-to-use – Chocolate-Caramel flavor : what you should know
- Always take SmectaGo® exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has instructed you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure. Do not share medicines prescribed for you with any other person.
- Do not take SmectaGo® if you are hypersensitive (allergic) to diosmectite or any of the other ingredients of SmectaGo®.
- SmectaGo® contains small amounts of sugar (49,8mg of fructose-glucose-sucrose per sachet) and sweetener (0,0375g per sachet). Contact your doctor before taking smectaGo® if you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars or if you have diabetes melilitus.
- SmectaGo® contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol) below 100mg per daily dose.
- To avoid reducing the efficacy of the other treatments, you should take SmectaGo® separately (at least 2 hours of distance).
- SmectaGo® can have side effects, please read the leaflet for more information.